What will happen with this Statement?
This Statement is an organizing tool as we build to the first Meeting of States Parties to the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons at the United Nations June 21-23, 2022. By taking action in the days and weeks ahead, we invite signers to help raise public consciousness and media attention about the Ban Treaty in the United States.
Please tick the “Keep me updated” box above for opportunities to take action in the days and weeks ahead.
- June 2: Attend online Media Workshop, preparing for June 7 (and beyond!) Click here to register!
- June 7: Lead actions at local nuclear facilities, military sites, or federal buildings promoting the Statement on the day of its nation-wide release. (Resources forthcoming)
- Submit Letters to the Editor and Press Release to both local and national outlets as well as your social media, as part nation-wide publication of the Statement and its public signers. The diversity of perspectives by individuals and groups give this campaign its power!
- June 12: Join the online June 12 Legacy program marking the 40th anniversary of the million-person Demonstration for Nuclear Disarmament and Human Needs in New York City. Join the online Defuse Nuclear War livestream, designed as a catalyst for grassroots organizing.
- June 18: Participate in the Poor People’s and Low-Wage Workers’ Moral March on Washington in Washington D.C., promoting the TPNW and nuclear abolition as a critical part of the wider movement for peace and justice in this country and beyond.
- June 21-23: First Meeting of States Parties to the TPNW in Vienna (Opportunities for actions forthcoming)
We deeply appreciate your determination to achieve a peaceful and just world without nuclear weapons and look forward to working together. Thank you for joining this campaign, and please spread the word!
Click here to see all the publicly listed Statement signers. And, you can download a copy of the statement here.